Whether or not you're a baseball fan, you have to admit that summer + ballparks + great food is one of the best combinations anyone could ever ask for!
We got a preview of the newest menu items that will be available at Yankee Stadium during the 2019 season. Our tasty outing to Yankee Stadium included a stadium tour complete with panoramic views, access to the VIP areas, as well as—of course—some delectable game day food.
Turns out that the Yankees are really upping the ante this year with some incredible offerings, many of which you would hardly expect to find at a ballpark. We had the opportunity to hear Yankees Senior Executive Chef, Matt Gibson, discuss the importance of inclusivity at the stadium, which was music to our ears (and the ears of many Yankees fans with particular diets). He highlighted how his team is working to provide new options for everyone, from the gluten-free to the vegan fan, the vegetarians and, of course, those who are just looking to indulge during their day at the ballgame. (Game Day = Cheat Day in our books 100% of the time).
What follows is a break down of the best food you'll find this season at Yankee Stadium for the 2019 season, including all of the newest goodies.
BEST VEGAN OPTIONS:
- Bareburger: Beyond Sausage Sandwich, Guacamole Bites, the Changeup Burger (black bean burger, pickled red onions, spinach, guacamole, and spicy pico de gallo on a sprout bun)
- Field Roast vegan burgers
- Melissa's Farmer Market: fresh fruit, assorted prepared salads
BEST VEGETARIAN OPTIONS:
- Toyota Terrace: Buffalo cauliflower bao bun with cauliflower, celery slaw, creamy blue cheese, Frank's RedHot
- Noodle Bowl stand (at section 127B): veggie sushi rolls, edamame, avocado salad, California rolls, salmon roll and other sushi and sashimi offerings
- Nachos made to order
BEST GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS:
- Mighty Quinn's: baby back ribs and chicken wings (pictured above)
- Gluten Free NY Grill: Nathan's hot dogs, Premio hot or sweet Italian sausage, turkey burger, Red Bridge Beer
NEW TO THE MENU FOR 2019
- Mighty Quinn's MQ Rib Sandwich and ½ rack of baby back ribs
- Bareburger's vegan Impossible Burger and vegan Guacamole Bites
- Big Mozz's mozzarella sticks and Mozz Pockets (pictured above)
- Buffalo Wild Wings® traditional wings and sauces
- Legends' own creations including Shrimp Po' Boy and Roast Beef Po' Boy sandwiches
- Custom-blended beef Burrata Burger with imported Italian burrata, pancetta, oven-roasted tomato relish and baby arugula
- The Stadium's newest signature go-to, the Crispy Maple Chicken Sandwich
- Tres Leches Shake: vanilla shake, tres leches cake, churro, condensed milk, rim-garnished with puffed rice (pictured above)
- Loaded top fries (pictured above) in two varieties: chorizo white queso, tomatillo avocado salsa, chipotle aioli, cilantro & onion, and Mexican street corn relish; as well as pastrami, Swiss cheese sauce, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, half sour pickle, and everything spice
- NY Pinstripe Pilsner (by Blue Point Brewing Company): available only at Yankee Stadium at the Blue Point Bleacher Bar on the 200 level in left field