My mom–or Mama Falk as I call her–used to make baked potatoes from time to time when I was growing up. While she would dress them up in cheddar cheese, green onions and sour cream for us, secretly I think it was more for her.
She lllllooooooves them. In an ode to Mama Falk, we’re bringing back her favorite baked potatoes but with a twist!
Since March Madness always overlaps with St. Patty's Day, we think this is a great idea for game day and March Madness watching.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, while the potatoes cook, lay bacon slices out on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or so, depending on how crispy you like it. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, dice the bacon.
4. Remove the potatoes from heat and remove from the boiling water. Smash the potatoes until flattened but still in one piece.
5. Top the spuds with sour cream, jalapeño and bacon. Place into oven again to crisp up, if desired. Then serve!