They’re possibly two of my favorite things in the whole world—peanut butter and chocolate. And they’re together in another one of my favorite things—a brownie. YES. YES. And double YES.
Want to please your taste buds (and those of your friends as well) while you watch March Madness come to a close this April? Whip up a batch of these and you won’t be sorry.
1. Butter a mini muffin pan (with 36 muffin cups); preheat an oven to 325°F with a rack in the bottom third of the oven.
2. Place the butter in a large bowl over a pot of simmering water (bain marie). When it begins to melt, add the sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate bar. Stir occasionally until the butter and chocolate have completely melted and mixture is completely mixed together–it may still appear a bit grainy.
3. Remove the bowl from the bain marie and allow the temperature of the mixture to cool slightly.
4. Add the vanilla and stir. Then add each egg, one at a time, mixing well after each to completely incorporate it.
5. Add the cake flour and mix the flour in until it is completely dispersed. Continue to mix for another minute to ensure the mixture is smooth. The batter will be very thick.
6. Spoon the batter evenly into the mini muffin pan. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out covered in crumbs and a paste-like substance, but not a liquidy looking substance (it should stick to the toothpick and not run or fall off). (Mine baked for 18 minutes).
7. Allow the brownies to cool. Then top with peanut butter and crushed up Oreos. Serve!