Who doesn’t like French fries? I mean, be serious. Truth is, making them can be a wee bit tricky because you have to buy the fancy potato cutter to get them to be the right shoestring shape. Slice your spud into rounds and make the fancy part how you serve ’em!
Here’s a killer French fry recipe that’ll make you look like such a baller with your friends as you all chow down and watch the Final Four! (The trick is: they’re actually really easy to make and they’re not actually fried)!
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Using a sharp knife or a mandoline, thinly slice the potatoes.
3. Brush the bottom of a large fry pan with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Arrange the potato slices vertically but at a slight angle in a circular pattern in the dish, filling it completely.
4. Pour the remaining 6 tablespoons melted butter over the potatoes and sprinkle with the thyme and salt.
5. Roast at 375 degrees until the top edges of the potatoes are crispy, about 1 hour. Serve!